It’s been a really long time since I’ve been excited about a blog post, but this one has got me SUPER excited.
Why? Because I finally nailed a gluten free, dairy free, egg free cookie recipe. I am almost 99% sure this cookie is vegan.
I made sure I had a few people taste test this for me, ranging from someone I live with, to someone I work with, to the guy I buy my coffee from (not joking here btw, shoutout to Purple Weka). Not one person choked, so they must be good.
Anyway, enough of the rambling here’s the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups of Free From Gluten Flour (this range is from Countdown)
- 1/4 cup of caster sugar (I used raw, you can use any though)
- 160 grams of Natures Charm Coconut Condensed Milk (aka half a can)
- 1 and a half cups of DARK chocolate chips or as many as you like (needs to be super dark or else it’s not dairy free)
- 1 tsp of really decent vanilla paste
- 1 tsp of baking soda
Preheat your oven.
Combine all of the dry ingredients into a bowl, then add the coconut condensed milk and chocolate chips. Here is where it gets fun – use your hands to combine all of the ingredients.
From there, place your dough onto a lined tray (I made approx 9 cookies from this mix, you could make them smaller or larger, it’s entirely up to you) and bake for 10 mins on 180 deg and then leave for half an hour to cool.
A few things to note
- Worried it’ll taste like coconut? It surprisingly doesn’t!
- When you remove them from the oven they may seem underdone. Don’t stress, leave them to cool and I promise they’ll firm up into tasty treats
- You can chill this dough before you cook it, I didn’t – but you can
- Not dairy free? You can for sure use normal condensed milk
- Not gluten free? Use normal flour and let me know how you go! I imagine you will need to use less