Honestly, the sayings true – everything comes in waves. HUGE TIDAL WAVES. You get a huge dental bill, then your dog does too, then your partner says his teeth hurt too, you have events to financially commit to, you drop your iPhone on a concrete floor, stuff breaks in your house, but you own it so you can’t call the landlord for help.
Your friends go through some hell stress, they date some mega strange people, and you just think to yourself…. I am broke, sore, still broke, slightly unhealthy, tired, hungry, overloaded on coffee and now thinking, seriously? Is life going to give us all break? What do I need to change to make this easier/better?
Then my partner opens his big (but handsome) mouth and mentions what a sack of potatoes he was on the weekend, while you were away and how he wants to make some better life choices..what a dick.
And yes I know, some people have it worse. But it doesn’t mean I can’t strive for better.
Cue in what seems to be a fantastic idea…….. right now.
Start Date: 1st September – I need to mentally prepare myself for this. Mr Food Nest reckons he’s going to nail this guys, so at the end of the month, come back and see if he actually DID.
- No coffee/caffeine
- No Wine or Cider during the week and only one night of the weekend am I allowed to drink. NO BINGE drinking!
- No chocolate! And putting it into a pudding still counts, so no pudding either
- No excess TV/sitting down – better cram in the last of those Scandal episodes now Ashleigh
- This ones a big one. FOLD ALL THE WASHING. Seriously, you should see our spare room. You have to climb Mount Washington just to get two matching socks
- Big walks – 2x a week – ok ok and one visit to the beach or a park with the dogs
- One day a week must be all vegetables – screams internally
- Get our house tidy/renovated inside and out – aka use time better
- Become less dependent on caffeine/alchohol. I don’t think I am, but I feel like I do overconsume
- Feel less tired, hopefully get more than 2 hours sleep in a night
- Become more active
- Feel more organised and feel like our weekends/nights are more productive
- Feel better/have better energy levels
- Save MONEY! Coffees are $6 EACH! You do the math…
Never mind this new year new me hoopla that we all go through, it’s almost September so why not start “mate you need to get it together before Christmas comes”
I’ll update you at the end of the month to let you know HOW we did. I’ll be honest about it too – if we bugger up/fail/do great – you’ll know about it.
Have you ever detoxed your life? How did you go? What changes did you make?