I’ve said it before with my fruit posts and I’ll say it again – I am not a fan of cooked fruit. But my biggest problem is that I absolutely LOVE the flavour of crumble. I could honestly eat the top off a crumble in bucket loads.
Chantal Organics were kind enough to send me a bag of their Ginger Zest Grainola. I know, it’s technically a breakfast food, but have you met me? I’ll try and make something out of anything! And as soon as I tried this Grainola I just knew I had to make a crumble type recipe from it.
Please note that while this was sent to me, all comments are my own and that I would most definitely purchase this item
- 1 and a half cups of Gluten Free Flour (as usual, I’ve used Edmonds)
- Half tsp of Cinnamon
- Half a tsp of Mixed Spice
- 1 Pear (grated) (apples and carrots will also work for this)
- Half cup of Milk (if you are dairy free, you can use Soy Milk or Rice Milk – any alternative should be fine)
- 1 tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup of Oil
- 1 heaped tsp of Baking Powder
- Half a cup of Chantal Organic’s Ginger Zest Grainola
- In a large bowl sift in all your dry ingredients. Add egg, oil and milk and stir until you have a sticky cake batter. Lastly, add your grated pear.
Pour your cake batter into a lightly greased, round baking tin and sprinkle over the grainola – you want to cover the top of the entire cake. Pat some into the top of the cake as well.
Cook at 180 degrees for 35 mins or until cooked all the way through.
Serve warm or cold – with Greek Yogurt